Share your Take
Join CRMAdvocate (no cost)
Bettering the Customer Experience . . .
3 Loyalty Models to Develop Maximum Engagement
Effective crisis management requires using social media well. But social media isn't an emergency envelope you tear open when crisis strikes. It takes time to foster the engagement that makes social media effective in crisis. Trying to build a new social media following in a crisis could be an invitation to failure. Build an engaging social media presence now and you will be building loyal followers that will help you navigate a crisis. Loyalty models are built with content designed specifically for that model. The three loyalty models are: Conversation Building, Feedback/Crowdsourcing, and Value-Adding. Which loyalty model should you use? It depends on your social media strategy. You may use more than one, depending on what your social media goals are. Goals come first and dictate strategy. . . . read more >>
Is CRM Failing our Businesses?
Around 90% of new leads don’t convert to a sale for most businesses. And yet we spend the majority of our time, effort and money focusing on the 10% that do convert. Why did they come to us and not to our competitors? What was the reason they converted? Of course we need to manage, nurture and grow business from existing customers. But what about the other 90%? There are lessons to be learnt from why they didn’t convert that have a significant and positive impact on business performance. . . . read more >>
The Future of Customer Contact
In 2011, we truly became a connected world—a world in which it is a rare occurrence to find ourselves cut off from others. This has now extended to every facet of our lives. Gartner predicts that mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. Wi-Fi is so widely available in major metropolitan areas that most tablet users don't even need a wireless data plan. Tablet sales grew 264 percent in 2011 over the previous year, and this year, Yankee Group is predicting the sale of almost 25 million tablets in the United States. Mobile devices are showing up in a range of locations and instances—mobile- and Internet-equipped automobiles, Smart Meters to provide near instantaneous readings of actual energy usage, Wi-Fi-equipped flights, and more. What all this translates to is an increase in the demands consumers and business users are placing on the companies they engage with, both in terms of the interaction channels and availability for accessing customer service. . . . read more >>
The 4 Cs Of Gaining Social Customers
Many of us in the marketing world are focused on the science -- and art -- of customer acquisition. It's a very direct, number-driven game. Not a lot of room for branding in this world. It's about driving a volume of consumers through a gated funnel process and trying to get as many to activate as you can. The more customers, the better. But what kind of customers do we really want? As we all know, getting a customer takes much more work than keeping a customer. Assuming your marketing department or agency excels at both, the only real consideration left is how to get more of those customers to connect socially because as everyone knows, social customers are the best ones to get and keep, bar none. . . . read more >>