Share your Take
Join CRMAdvocate (no cost)
Bettering the Customer Experience . . .
Are the CRM Wars Really Over?
As part of CSO Insights' annual Sales Performance Optimization (SPO) study, firms were asked if they have implemented a core CRM application. The 2012 study revealed that 81.5 percent of the sales organizations surveyed have a CRM application in place. So are the CRM wars over? Are the remaining 18.5 percent of diehards that have yet to jump on the CRM bandwagon all that is left for Salesforce.com, SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, and 35 other core CRM solution providers the study identified to fight over? Maybe, maybe not. . . . read more >>
VSI Partners with CBTS for Cloud Application Hosting Services
Vertical Solutions (VSI) has partnered with CBTS, the technology solutions division of Cincinnati Bell, to provide secure, high-performance hosting for its cloud-based CRM contact center and field service management solutions, VContactCenter and VServiceManagement. CBTS currently provides global application cloud services to VSI customers in the Americas, Europe, and Australasia. . . . read more >>
Customer Transactional Data Adds Social Behavioral Metrics
With CRM technologies evolving, one of the important selling points has been the ability of CRM systems to provide a 360 degree view of the customer. Having an integrated view of the customer has helped organizations to keep all departments (Sales, Service, Finance etc.) on the same page and thus in turn provide a consistent service to the customer. Essentially, what has been captured in the 360 degrees view is the transactional behavior of the customer. The transactional data has been mainly classified under 3 sub categories. Now the time has come to add another sub category termed "Behavioral Metrics," which is fundamentally capturing the customer social behavioral pattern. . . . read more >>
No Excuses for Playing Dumb in the Age of Big Data
Our approach to customer service has remained remarkably static over the last 25 years, and while the basic model of customers contacting agents to solve issues and complaints is a staple part of service at most organisations, it is now time for businesses to acknowledge that the world has moved on – and so must our customer service model. This is the message from PV Kannan, CEO and co-founder of intuitive consumer experience company 24/7 Inc, which has unveiled a new manifesto to drag service kicking and screaming into the 21st century. And Kannan’s belief that businesses are failing to keep up with the customer when it comes to service is not a recent epiphany. Indeed, it was the time that he spent in call centres in the 90s while running software company Business Evolution that shaped his vision of the customer service model. . . . read more >>